The Shire of Woodanilling has been successful in receiving funding from the Department of Sport and Recreation to administer the KidSport program through the Shire of Katanning.
KidSport makes it possible for eligible children to join a not-for-profit sport or recreation club, by contributing up to $200 towards paying club registration and other agreed fees.
To be eligible children must;
- Live within the City of Rockingham
- Be aged 5 – 18 years
- Have a Health Care Card or Pension Concession Card
If you do not have a Health Care Card or Pension Concession Card, but suffer from financial difficulty you may visit a KidSport referral agent to determine if you are eligible to receive funding.
Applicants can apply for KidSport funding to pay fees for a number of registered clubs. Funding is only available to cover fees of clubs that are registered for KidSport with the Shire of Woodanilling/ Katanning.
The list of registered clubs is continually growing, if the club you would like to join is not currently registered, please contact Shire of Katanning Club Development Officer on Tania Wolfe 98214399 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss if it is eligible to become a registered club. It is preferred that children applying for KidSport funding register with clubs within the Shire of Woodanilling/ Katanning, but it is not essential.
How to apply
- Ensure you meet ALL the eligibility criteria
- Complete KidSport Application Voucher, which can be obtained by contacting Tania Wolfe at the Katanning Leisure Centre
- Parent/Guardian must complete all sections of the Application Voucher
- Contact Tania Wolfe at th Katanning Leisure Centre to have the voucher validated. Ensure you bring your health care card/pension concession card/referral form and photo ID confirming your residential address is within the Shire of Woodanilling/ Katanning.
Validated application vouchers must then be presented to selected clubs to complete the registration process.
Department of Sport and Recreation Kids Sport information